How is it called when the menu with all the links at the top of a website is "moving" when you scroll down to read more?

And if we are on it: how is the "moving" sidebar called with twitter, facebook ect buttons?

3 Answers 3


This is also referred to as fixed navigation or fixed menu.

  • 1
    I voted this answer as the most helpful, because you also gave reference edits to the others. Thanks :)
    – SAJW
    Oct 2, 2016 at 21:11

Bootstrap refers to this as Affix.


It's called a "sticky menu", or "sticky navigation".

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.