At the company I work for I implemented the following format because a lot of the time the User Scenarios were just too ambiguous and developers would often need to get in touch with the product team to clarify how exactly things should work or even worse they would just decide themselves how it should work.
As a user of the archive
I want to be able to send an archived email to my personal mailbox
so that I can take action on an email that may no longer exist in my personal mailbox
- User Clicks on Forward (Anchor 1) within Search Results Panel 1
- System returns Confirmation Modal 1 containing Form 2
- User fills in Form 2 with their own email address and clicks "Send"(Submit Button 2)
- System returns Success Modal 1 which fades out (See Animation 1)
- System returns Archive Search Page containing Search Results Inbox with Search Results Panel 1
Each of these scenarios are accompanied with Invision walkthroughs, animations etc
Then all of the elements detailed above are referenced in categories below accompanied with individual static images outlining measurements and specification information for any new HTML elements.
The categories are as follows:
My question is, is this the best way to do this or can anyone recommend a better way of supplying documentation to developers?