I can notice this animation looks like an default pattern, because I've seen it at so many apps and websites.

I would like to know what's the name of it but I can't find any results.

enter image description here

  • Loading Animation? Jul 5, 2016 at 11:46
  • Is there a name for this loading animation?
    – Machado
    Jul 5, 2016 at 11:47
  • These are called Loading Dots. A simple Google search returned this. google.co.in/… Jul 5, 2016 at 11:49

2 Answers 2


They're called Preloaders. I originally googled for 'Ajax loading animation' to find that out. Plenty of results:

Additionally, you might find this answer useful if you're looking for How to create a “Please Wait, Loading…” animation using jQuery?.

Bonus: Google Material Design Preloader for mobile design.


It is just a different take on a wait spinner, which is called a preloader and is sometimes called a Loading animation.

Preloaders come in all shapes and sizes.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.