I am looking for some input on a dilemma. I need to implement a newsletter signup box and I am struggling to fit it in properly to the space I have.
The restrictions are:
- The left hand column is the full height of the users browser window, so therefore is flexable based on the users resolution, so space is an issue.
- I NEED to include all 3 fields as a minimum due to back end restrictions.
- I am unable to put the sign up box anywhere else, so not in the header of the footer. It needs to be within this space.
Based on that, I have come up with a couple of options.
This is currently my most favorable option, where the box asks for the user to initiate the task, before then showing them what data they have to enter.
This is option that other people want to implement, but I do not like the idea of a user thinking they have to enter an email address, then as soon as they want to, they are asked for other data.
- What are other peoples thoughts on the options and the issue?
- Is there UX issues with the options?
- Does anyone have any other ideas for how I could resolve this issue?