I need to create a interface wherein a user can quickly categorize few of his photos into albums.
- 1 photo can be a part of multiple albums.
- Atmost there are 15-20 photos and 5-6 albums.
- Each photo is detailed, so a full view is required before they can be categorized into any album (i.e. thumbnails don't provide enough feedback)
What is the most intuitive interaction that would fit the above case, so that the user doesn't have to keep switching between screens?
Here's a drag n drop solution I thought of :-
download bmml source – Wireframes created with Balsamiq Mockups
The problem with the above workflow is for categorizing any image user has to perform 3 steps:
- Click full view to view image in a lightbox.
- Close lightbox.
- Move one image to album via drag drop (repeat)
This becomes very tedious if there are many images.