What is this menu called in UX/UI parlance?

enter image description here

I want to implement this type of menu in my UI (ASP.NET MVC 5). My default styling is done with Bootstrap 3+.

2 Answers 2


What's it called?

I'm not sure if a canonical name exists. But here are some terms that help describe it...

How do I implement it?

If you wanted to build your own, I would use the Bootstrap Popover component and populate it with a grid of divs containing large icons paired with labels.

You could use the following recreation of the App Launcher as a starting point: Google App Launcher Code Pen by Manar Kamel

enter image description here


It can be referenced by the picture it makes. We call it either the Google Apps Chiclets or the Google Apps Waffle.

  • However, it is formally called the Google Apps Launcher. Not very eloquent.
    – LRispoli
    Apr 18, 2018 at 14:14
  • Can you give more details here please? A source, ideally.
    – JonW
    Apr 18, 2018 at 14:17
  • Could you point to a source in print?
    – Mayo
    Apr 18, 2018 at 14:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.