I am designing a personal-academic website in which the material is organized in two ways:
- By type, e.g. "Publications", "Working papers", "Demos", etc.
- By topic, e.g. "Bible", "Algorithms", "Auctions" etc.
- By time (year).
Each topic, type and year can potentially go together, e.g. there are publications in each topic from several different years, working papers in each topic, etc.
What is a good way to organize such a website?
EDIT: The website is for several types of target audience:
- Workers from industry who may be interested in the research, use it in their work and maybe offer job opportunities.
- Researchers from academy who may be interested in the research, cite it in their papers and maybe offer collaborations.
- Academic personnel who may want to see the research record in order to consider academic position opportunities.
My goal is to make it easy for visitors to find the piece of work that is most interesting to them.