I got confused regarding Material Design. I was reading material design guidelines and i learnt that material is a 3D Environment with x,y,z axis and Lights, Motion....
When reading Material properties, it's said that
- Material has varying x & y dimensions (measured in dp) and a uniform thickness (1dp).
- Multiple material elements cannot occupy the same point in space simultaneously.
I'am confused regarding what does material elements in point 2 above refers to ? Is Material elements are Layouts(Relative, Linear..) and widgets(Buttons, Textview).. that we use when building a Layouts ? If so, then when building UI i can give same x,y and z positions to more than 1 widgets and nothing happens; App still works.
What i wanted to clarify is
- What is a Material, Is it an Enviroment ? or Is it a Widgets and viewgroups that we use to build UI's ?
- Is Material design is a set of guidelines that we should follow ?
- What does material elements refers to ?
- Material properties are the properties that we should follow when designing a layout (or) does Material elements have that properties as default.