What is the dividing line between the directory tree and the right-side view called? Specifically, what is the name of the "grab it and slide/resize" function? I'm trying to make this in wxPython but I don't know the name of it.

enter image description here

  • try SplitterWindow – David A Nov 17 '15 at 22:55
  • @DavidA - thanks, thats exactly what I was trying to find. – nexus_2006 Nov 17 '15 at 23:46

It goes by a few different names, but the most widely accepted name is "Splitter"

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Example 4

Example 5

Example 6


If you're looking for an interaction pattern name:
It's just a column or pane divider. Whether or not it's resizable is up to you.
The general arrangement is a sort of modified Miller Column or master detail UI.

If you're looking for the code function to call:
You came to the wrong SE site.

  • Not looking for code, just trying to figure out what exactly to search for. – nexus_2006 Nov 17 '15 at 22:55

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.