We are a remote team of 60 people and we have two UX/UI Designers that are in process of migration from Web to iOS development.
I'm having a hard time managing the relationship between developers (Objective-C) and the UX/UI Designers because developers say the designers don't understand iOS development and there are no good resources that I know to educate designers on how to create mockups and UX for iOS.
Here the things I have tried without success:
- Basic WWDC videos - https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2015-407/
- Apple Human Interface Guidelines
- In Depth WWDC videos
Our current workflow is:
- Designer creates a Mockup (PNG or animated GIF)
- We ask details about measurements and non-iOS elements used
- Designer send annotated image with static measurements
- Developers give up and try to emulate de mockup in the code.
I suppose large companies as Facebook, Twitter, Apple, etc. have some way to deal with this problem.
What can I do to improve my process?