- In recent years, we have seen a steep increase in the number of papers with authors in excess of 50, and a particularly notable spike in reports whose author counts exceed 1,000 and more. Here an example: http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2009Natur.460..990A
- Users can see them right within a SERP. But come one. 1000 authors in a SERP is too much.
- The users click/tap on the authors name to filter the results (added in the facets)
- Inline scroll areas. But they cause a myriad of usability issues, and should therefore generally be avoided
- Modal Windows. They are a useful and effective interface widget, but the user need to click on an author to add it as a filter — weird interaction.