First of all, new to this side of stackexchange, this may not be the correct area to ask this question - and if that is so I would like to apologize in advance.

So, I was searching around for templates for a specific project I'm working on to get some ideas.

I had made a page awhile back which is basically a page that has big buttons on it only, sort of like a full-page navigation menu. (Image below)

I was wondering if there was a name for this type of page - because I am unable to find anymore like it.

Its sort of like a landing page, that just has several buttons that lead to different parts of the website.

Image of the site I made: enter image description here

  • Personally I'd call it a navigation page. What sort of thing are you looking for from the answer? Design inspiration? I'd consider looking at portal design based on what you say here.
    – Peter
    Sep 1, 2015 at 16:12
  • My own response to my own question was locked due to it not answering the question. Sep 2, 2015 at 13:24

1 Answer 1


There's not a very specific name, but it looks like a variation of "Clean Entry Points" navigation model. According to the book "Designing Interfaces":

These entry points act as "doors" into the main content of the site or application. From these starting points, guide the user gently and unambiguously into the application until he has enough context to continue by himself.

Collectively, these entry points should cover most reasons why anyone would be there. There might be only one or two entry points, or many; it depends on what fits your design.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.