I've been trying to figure out the name for this element but I've been having trouble finding it. It should snap in three locations: to the top of the screen, to the bottom of the screen, and a 5th of the way up from the bottom of the screen. The window should be draggable as noted by the three lines.

No idea what this is

1 Answer 1


It's a splitter and pane…

The draggable control itself is a splitter, of one kind or another. The separate space that is created by dragging the splitter usually called a pane or sometimes a panel. To confirm that this is the kind of interaction you meant to describe, have a look at these samples: Telerik example or DevExpress example. There are other samples out there, of course.

…or perhaps not

This interaction is less likely to be called a drawer or an accordion section. It all depends on how this interaction is implemented.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.