I'm trying to get the specific name for this so I can look up some information on how it's done. If you have used Evernote's application on Android, they have this icon on the bottom right which slides up several options when it is pressed. It can be seen here

I'm on the android developer site and can't seem to find anything on it.


1 Answer 1


I believe this is called a "Floating Action Button" from Google's material design. Android has an example project for it.

  • Nice answer,@tommy-magnusson. Adam, The generic term for this is progressive disclosure—providing "more" when the user needs it.
    – JeromeR
    Jul 17, 2015 at 6:07

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.