I've created a framework that translates XML into visual graphics. I want to showcase the main features of my framework on the web and wonder what the simplest approach would be. I'd like to show XML being written and the visual effects it has (in form of static or animated images). I'm not up-to-date with web-development so I'm not sure if there is any tools available for showcasing things like this. I'd like to avoid having to record and edit videos and would rather script the sequence.
The simple sequence would be:
- Show three lines of XML being written.
- Show some popup text explaining what is done.
- Cut to a static image/gif.
- Cut to more XML being written.
- Show popup text.
Features I'm looking for:
- Allow the user to forward/rewind/pause the sequence.
- Easy to edit/change the sequence.
- Clear and readable (mainly when showing the popup text and code) that doesn't require the user to maximize the "video".