Due to a technical limitation / privacy settings openid does not always return an email. This leads to the following convoluted signup process:
- User clicks on login with facebook.
- User enters email and password on facebook site.
- User is redirected back to our site.
- User is requested to fill in email (for our site).
- User is sent an email.
- User clicks email authentication link.
- User is logged in and can continue.
An email is a requirement for our site but asking a user to fill it in twice is not a very good flow. Is this too convoluted / complicated?