I am working on developing a simple home cleaning booking mobile application and I've been looking at what's out there:
- Most of them have a multi-step "wizard" that goes from asking the user for the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, then for extras, then for the address, then the contact information then payment (or similar order).
Although most of them are really neat and well designed, I simply think that most clients simply don't want a 5+ step wizard to book a cleaning (like Amazon's patented one-click-checkout). So I am thinking of shifting this form filling process to the back office of the cleaning company. This is what I am proposing and looking for feedback on:
- When the user first runs the application it takes the permission to access their location: this way, we can send the approximate location of the user.
- Once the app. opens up, they are presented with a "Book Now in 1 Step" button, they click it.
- They are asked to enter their phone number to be contacted for the appointment. And they can select if it's an "Express" service or "Normal"
- That's it, they click "Book" and the back office receives a notification to contact this client by phone and get their location information and any other information(# of beds, # of baths, etc...) over the phone. We can also send the client an SMS/Push Notification confirming his booking request was sent/received successfully.
I'd like your opinion on the process I am trying to simplify, any and all suggestions welcome.