Are there any names for the techniques/transitions used to make text appear in a slick, and attention grabbing (but unobtrusive) way?

A typical use case for this is the tutorial level of a game, which (in tutorial mode) constantly pops up instructions as the user encounters new features. So, the instructions should grab the users attention without looking clunky.

Typically it's a combination of expanding and fading, plus maybe a flashing button which is clicked to dismiss the text.

  • 1
    I'm not sure what exactly you mean by 'names'. Have a look at Animate.css for a reference to many common animation names. I've also removed the request for JAVA implementations suggestions - StackOverflow would be the place for this type of question. – Izhaki Oct 6 '14 at 23:49
  • Fair enough re. java. Your Animate.css answers my question, that's what I mean by names. – Sideshow Bob Oct 7 '14 at 10:44
  • I've added an answer based on the comment so the question can be marked as answered. – Izhaki Oct 7 '14 at 12:12

Please see Animate.css for a list of common animation names.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.