I am bit confused while showing help text in a lengthy form. Please refer to the image for below query:
Where we can show user initiated static help (left side of the mock):
- How to show help icon for radio buttons placed horizontally? If its placed right to last radio button, won't that mean that its just related to last radio button? (which is not the case)?
- Same problem exists if radio button placed vertically.
- Where to show the help icon if drop down has optional fields (help text cover details with respect to that as well)?
Where we can show dynamic help (right side of the mock):
- This help text is hidden unless user interacts with the radio buttons. But even in this case, when to show it and where to point the help box?
- same problem exists with radio buttons placed vertically, If I point it for any of the radio buttons, it will look like its meant for that only.
- This becomes more problematic when it comes to drop down with additional optional field. When to show the help and where is the question?
What needs to be done in these cases? Whether to go for user initiated (static) or dynamic help will depend partly on these issues in my case.