Are there any standard / common names for the components of a Gauge or Donut UI element? This is what I'm talking about:

enter image description here

The components I'm interested in are:

  • The background gray area - what would be called a "track" in a scrollbar
  • The foreground yellow area
  • Other components - the Min, Max and Current value labels (obvious names here)

Deriving from Apple's UIProgressView documentation;

  • The foreground yellow area is called progress,
  • The background gray area is called track,
  • Other components may be called as limits, current progress.

Here is the link if you want to see the full documentation: UIProgressView Class Reference.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.