As per chrome update, google is going to remove ShowModalDialog() from its browser feature list.
My doubt here is to know some alternative workflow/UI design in website to avoid the Modal dialog boxes.
So how I can redesign the UI/flow in such scenarios and provide good alternate approach to user? Links to websites avoiding popups are also welcomed.
Question similar to this have already been asked on stackoverflow, but they have not been answered. Few such questions, I found are:-
Edits : It is not possible for me to provide screenshots but here is some description
- The UI contains menu bar via which user can update entity/object type to update
- The UI then display a grid.
- User can click add new button to add new elements to grid elements list.
- In the top section of this screen a DIV appears so that user can enter information
- Then a couple of text field we have ellipses button.
- User click on these and a modal popup opens. This popup acquires about 1/3 spaces in center of screen.
- Here user search and select information and click OK and textbox gets filled with selected information.
As for thing I have in my mind is to * gracefully slide up another screen from left, search & select information and select OK. After this the slide up screen would go back and textbox will get filled up