I am designing a CRM software for iPad native app. I need your suggestion for navigation part in UX aspect.
Left pane (main navigation) will be shown by default (Image 1). When you go to another tab, we can provide in two ways to hide left pane:
NOTE: Other than “Hamburger Menu” issue, here are the two ways of showing main menu for best user experience: http://lmjabreu.com/post/why-and-how-to-avoid-hamburger-menus/
Option1: To showing tab icons alone without label:
- Less space for left pane
- Once the user learns, it will be useful
- User might not recognise the icons alone.
- If icon’s metaphor is not initiative, it might create confusion.
- Some of the users does not try “Menu” icon (I have tested with 10 people, Only 2 of them were able to figure it out)
Option2: No left pane, after clicking another tab:
- Will get more space
- Anyway, user should click on “Menu” icon only (Even I tried with 10 different people all of them clicked on the menu icon)
- Visually might look blank. If we show the navigation as icon stripe it looks nice.
I hope you are clear with my points. Please share your thoughts on this which one should I select.
Image 2 (Options):