- I run an e-commerce website.
- Of course I have a lot of abandoned carts (92%)
- I want to try to engage visitors more, asking for their email in a popover, offering a discount or a free buying guide to download.
When should I show the popover? I have seen other websites doing the following:
- open immediately when visitor land on any page
- open after 10/20 seconds from landing
- open after 10/20 seconds after visitor land and mouse have been moved
- open after a time a little shorter than average time spent on page
Is there any study or personal experience, or anything... To advice on best strategy about when to open the popover?