I am a systems administrator that schedules when a call center will be open to take calls from hospitals.
We have 3 elements:
- Systems Administrator (Ohio - ET)
- Call Center (Denver - MT)
- Hospital (California - PT)
As you can see, 3 time zones:
- Eastern (ET)
- Mountain (MT)
- Pacific (PT)
- Hospital calls call center and says:
"Hey, we need additional phone support from the hours of 8a to 6p (PT)."
- Call center calls systems administrator to schedule the additional support.
So as you can see, the ET time zone systems administrator is scheduling PT time zone hospital coverage hours for a MT time zone call center.
There is frequent confusion because the systems administrator doesn't know if they're adding time blocks in their time zone, the call center's time zone, or the hospital's time zone.
Note: The interface is changing, that's part of what I'm doing here.
I've just captured the interface as it exists today: