Quite a few question as about design patterns for x or y interface. Where are the best design pattern libraries?
Here are some useful pattern library resources that I know of:
- 12 Standard Screen Patterns
- 40+ Helpful Resources On User Interface Design Patterns
- Designing Interfaces: Patterns for Effective Interaction Design
- Pattern Tap
- the Diemen Repository of Interaction Design Patterns
- The Interaction Design Patterns Page
- UI Patterns - User Interface Design Pattern Library
- iOS UI patterns
- Use Your Interface
Adding a few more resources I've come across to the many already great suggestions above:
1) Pattern libraries:
- UI Pattern Factory: http://uipatternfactory.com/
- Nokia Mobile Design Patterns: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php
2) Other related resources, blog posts, anti-patterns:
- Patterns to avoid for iPhone developers (antipatterns): http://vator.tv/news/show/2009-04-02-patterns-to-avoid-for-iphone-developers
- iPhone Application UI Design Patterns (blog post): http://flyosity.com/application-design/iphone-application-design-patterns.php
- Designing Social Interfaces: 5 steps, 5 principles, 5 anti-patterns (slideshare presentation): http://www.slideshare.net/emalone/designing-social-interfaces-5-steps-5-principles-5-antipatterns-2014474
- Typographic Design Patterns and Best Practices: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/08/20/typographic-design-survey-best-practices-from-the-best-blogs/
The UX Pattern Explorer by Infragistics Quince is great: http://quince.infragistics.com/
I have recently started my blog of safety-related HCI patterns for touch-based applications at patterns.intuio.at, a rather specialised collection of patterns.
Both are very useful, in comparison to Quince. The Yahoo! pattern library sets a nice standard that I enjoy referring back to as a resource. The Quince interface is a bit over the top to be something I would want to use regularly.
Patterns Libraries Collection http://profs.info.uaic.ro/~evalica/patterns/