What is menu style used name used in google plus (web). Hidden main navigation common to mobile but used sparingly in web. I'm interested in the name of the style and if possible some other examples. Fab.com has something similar too.

enter image description here

  • Typically, a navigation drawer, I think. – Matt Oct 22 '13 at 21:47

This Menu style is generally referred as "Sliding Menu", "slide-in" or "Slide-out" menu.

I will not say its a standard name, but people generally call it so. I recently discovered this.

You can find usage here, here, here and here.

| improve this answer | |
  • This is a bit brief. Is this actually the name it goes by, or just your term for it? If it is used commonly then can you provided details of how you know this? – JonW Oct 24 '13 at 8:05
  • 1
    Just updated answer with required details. – Nitin Jadhav Oct 24 '13 at 8:37

I think this will help you. Using jQuery animation you can simply create Google like new menu. HTML and CSS are simple for this you can check working demo and explanation of code here http://www.infotuts.com/google-like-new-menu-jquery-and-css/

| improve this answer | |
  • 2
    OP is not asking how to implement it in jQuery - the question is about the terminology as to what it is called. Are you able to answer that part of the question? – JonW Jun 2 '14 at 10:20

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.