enter image description here

Image A is a highlight box moving alone with the icon, focal point with move with the icon. Dose anyone know about this kind of menu type or selection technique's name?

Image B is like carousel menu, focal point is fixed, all icon circulate through the middle highlight box.

  • I don't think there's a name for it. It's just a variation of the carousel pattern, since the carousel does not necessary has a fixed point. Check the examples on ui-patterns.com/patterns/Carousel – Lovis Oct 14 '13 at 13:22

A. Page or Navigation Flow indicator.

Much like a bread crumb or page indicator it shows a fixed number of steps and the user's current position. Its name can vary with what it's indication.

B. Carousel or picker.

Like @L. Mller said it is one of the variation of carousels. Typically the user's selection or position is in a fixed point or frame. The box can be considered as a visual treatment of the fixed point thereby emphasising the selection. This is not a mandatory visual treatment - and others treatments can work just as well, such as underlines, arrows, dots, spotlight, etc ...

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.