On the internet, and in certain shops, I've noticed that sometimes each word is capitalised in, for instance an advert or navigation bar and logo; sometimes sentence case is used and sometimes all lower case is used. I just wondered if there's some kind of rule as to when each is used or something... Does it relate to the target audience, colours, desired effect or something?`
- CAUTION: ALL CAPS SHOULD ONLY BE USED IN WARNING TEXT
- Title Case is For Titles, and Other Important Headings
- Sentence case is for narrative text, and you should always include a period after it.
- lower case only appropriate for bullet text
- dOn'T eVeN cOnSiDeR uSiNg MiXeD cAsE, eVeR
These are just general guidelines, though - consult a real internet style guide, like the Web Style Guide, 3rd edition, or Yahoo's The Web Content Style Guide if you are actually going to be creating content.