What is this effect called?


when you scroll down you see it scrolls a bit over the slider on the top. I searched the internet for half an hour but could not find how it's called. I think it's a html5 feature.

Hope someone can help me out :)

1 Answer 1


This effect is called parallax scrolling. And I am not sure if this type of question belongs to UX related community.

  • yes that's true i think it belongs to another SE site. but thanks :) May 6, 2013 at 8:55

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.