On touch screen devices, there appears to have evolved a standard set of gestures, e.g.
- pinch and spread with two fingers for zoom in and zoom out
- swipe with one finger to scroll a document
We're developing a (we'd like to think) minority-report style user interface using the kinect.
What UI gestures could possibly be used be used for a kinect-like device?
For example, to accomplish a click, we have considered the following:
- elbow joint flexion angle delta: extension=>mouseDown flexion=>mouseUp
- distance of hand from camera: closer=>mouseDown further=>mouseUp
- hand size: handInFist=>mouseDown handOpen=>mouseUp
Completely brand new/ off-the-beaten-track/ innovative suggestions are welcome!!