I was just curious if there was a term? Is this a onebox? It seems like we have to explain it when there should be a term.

Like this:

enter image description here

2 Answers 2


I believe this is simply called embedded content.

  • My thought too @Joshua! +1 Mar 28, 2013 at 19:29
  • That's exactly what it's called. In fact, Google uses that exact term on YouTube as one of the share options.
    – DA01
    Mar 28, 2013 at 20:29
  • thx,makes sense. we are using some ruby code called onebox which is why I hear that sometimes.
    – timpone
    Mar 29, 2013 at 3:10

If you're looking for technical term, that's called an iFrame. They allow you to make requests and display content from content external to your website.

  • Written as iframe, as iFrame is a video format by Apple.
    – DMan
    Mar 29, 2013 at 0:03
  • It's not always an iframe though. It's usually an embedded object of some sort.
    – Axel
    Mar 29, 2013 at 18:45

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.