I've got an issue, with a menu on my website. The menu has 15 items, which are not simply navigation, but contains links to tools, settings aswell as regular navigational links.
The website is a SaaS, helping associations getting in touch with their users. We've got quite a few communication tools, but also some which are unique to the current user.
The menu consist of items:
- Messages ( Messages related to THIS association only ).
- Settings ( Settings related to THIS association only ).
- Members ( Shows members of the association ).
- Booking ( Booking of items in the association ).
- Alarm ( A service related to this user only, used as an administrative tool for his alarm )
- Guard ( A service related to this user only, used as an administrative tool for the guards in his area ( A service we provide ))
The fact that we run these additional services, splits the user group in three- One part that uses the association toosl, one the uses personal tools, and one who uses all three parts.
I would like to logically group up these elements, and show, somehow, which is related, and they're used for a different part ( Could be private tools here ). However I don't know how to show that, in a way that is both good looking and usable.