I'm designing a web application where the user have to go through a lots of already fillec text fields (~50 a page, could be lots of pages) and must correct some of them and mark the other as "OK".
For the moment,
- Tab allows to go to the next item
- Typing text starts to edit the currrent text
- And I need a shortcut that says "Validate that field and go to the next one". I thought about using something like the Ctrl key, as it is one of the only keys that is not used for entering text, but it seems strange to use Ctrl for validation...
There are three possible actions for the user:
- Editing the field and going to the next field (implied validation)
- Not editing the field and going to the next field (not validated)
- Not editing the field but validating it and jumping to the next one