In order to speed up newsletter development I've compiled a short list of essential ui elements included in a newsletter design to make sure that the user's experience is the best it can be. Have I missed anything?
- There is a snippet at the top that displays next to the subject line in for example Gmail.
- There is a link to a web version of the newsletter with text "Does this newsletter looks strange? View it on the web".
- There is a unsubscribe-link
- There is a block of contact info such as address, phone, e-mail, Facebook account etc.
- There is a paragraph about why the user has received the newsletter.
- It's possible to read and understand the newsletter even if images are turned off by the email client.