I'm working on a web app containing a lot of datatables with some well known filters on each page, all of them pertaining to a specific domain (or website):
A domain may or may not have an organisation (although in practise this is always true). A domain always has a country.
With some test data this would look something like:
I want to come up with a single dropdown to filter on domain, organisation and country as i want to conserve space and use a single UI component for simplicity. I'm having trouble coming up with a good design.
Some inspiration i thought of:
Microsoft advertising (bing ads);
Google ads has 2 dropdowns in the main menu header;
Google analytics uses multiple levels which may be something i can go for:
- Multiple options may be selected
- Most of the times the filter for domains is used, occasionally the other ones.
- It may look like the organisations are grouped per country, which is usually the case but not always
- There may be other properties to filter down the line (like the main language or something) but lets keep that out of scope for now.
- This is my first time posting here so let me know if this question is not a good fit.