I'm designing a Queue display for a typical service counters which shows a bunch of queue numbers.
- There are approximately 8 counters
- Queue numbers need not be displayed in sequence
- There will be approximately ~50 people sitting in the waiting room
So it will look something like:
Q121 Counter 1
Q523 Counter 2
Q134 Counter 3
Q651 Counter 4 etc...
Every time this page is updated with new queue numbers, the new numbers will 'flash' along with an audio queue.
I'm having trouble determining how I should animate this, such that people are aware that their number is being called, but without being too annoying?
- How many times should I 'flash' the numbers?
- How long should I flash the numbers?
Wondering if anyone has any feedback on how I should go about this, or best practices for designing such a thing. We did a bunch of testing, but its very hard to simulate the actual physical environment as it doesn't exist yet.