I am learning web development, and in the process of taking inspiration for UI online, I came across gumroad.com. Its design is bright, colorful, blocky, doodly, etc.

I want to learn about this design, but due to my lack of knowledge of design terminology, I do not what is it called. A friend told me, its called outline design, or bubble design; but Google search with those keywords is not very promising.

Randomly searching on google gave suggestions like "brutalism", "bauhaus style" etc.

I am really confused because I do not know what any of this is called, where to even begin google search, and how to even ask questions about it.

I would really appreciate if someone can explain what the design theme of gumroad.com is called, if design theme is even the correct vocabulary, and where can I learn and study that design style.


2 Answers 2


I am sharing few Figma and Medium resource links below, related to your required design style, which may help you get started.


Okay after 2 hours of Google searches, I found the word, it is neubrutalism!

  • The question remaining now is that, where can I learn about it? Is there a proper book to learn different designs etc?
    – user164547
    Feb 3, 2023 at 14:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.