All numeric dates can be separated with slashes (/), hyphens (-) or dots (.). Which of these would you say is best to use for writing dates as well as displays on your product?
- Most frequently used
- More familiar
- Can't be used in file names
- Could be confused with "1" or "7" in handwritten dates.
- Can look cluttered and less legible
- More legible and looks cleaner
- Can be used in file names
- Clear in handwritten dates
- Less commonly used than slashes
- Can be confusing, especially with multiple days (ie. 11-15 Jan)
- More compact than other separators
- Can add different style to a document
- Used by some countries
- No confusion between numbers in handwriting
- Can be mixed up with decimal or other numbers
- Much less common than slashes or hyphens
- Use in file names could be confusing
Considering the above, what separator would you say is best to use for everyday use? Also, what are some other advantages and disadvantages of using the selected separator?