Working on a support ticket system and am unsure the best way to name a particular piece of functionality.
Users are able to submit any number of text entries that are attached to a single ticket for use by internal power-users. My team is trying to decide on whether to call them Comments or Notes.
For reference in case it's relevant, each set of text (note/comment) on a ticket has:
- Who made it
- When it was made
It is not:
- Visible to end-users.
- Tickets are rarely seen by end-users and the notes/comments will never be seen by end-users
- Notes/comments can be used for anything that isn't data based. Examples:
- This user has been difficult in the past, caution
- Looked into this a little but went on PTO, feel free to pick up
- Calls out things that are noteworthy.
- Usually seen as a single, editable text field
- Text entries are for people to comment on a Ticket
- Insinuates a discussion is happening (that is not their intention)
Would love if anyone knows of any existing discussions or notable examples that would help make a decision as there are pros and cons of each.