I'm working on an interactive page that includes scroll-based sticky videos and I found a neat video effect that pulls the viewport towards an embedded video and then enlarges it to be full-screen. The effect can be seen on the videos of this page here: https://www.themarshallproject.org/2019/09/24/detained

I've been searching online for video effects similar to this and have tried keywords such as "scroll into view full-screen video" or "auto-scroll full-screen video" but so far, I haven't found anything relevant. Does anyone know what this effect is called?

  • Hi. Welcome to GDSE. Video editing/FX questions are off topic here. Sorry about that. Try Video Production Stack Exchange instead. You can flag your own question and ask the mods to migrate it there if you want.
    – Billy Kerr
    Jun 23 at 16:12
  • This question is better suited for Stack Overflow. I think the question boils down to creating a unique lightbox effect for a website.
    – AndrewH
    Jun 23 at 16:39
  • There's not always a specific name for a given effect -- case in point here. Also scroll jacking is the worst lol I don't recommend this Jun 23 at 16:48
  • 1
    I checked with SO mods and it's not appropriate there either since it's an ID question and not looking on how to code the effect specifically.
    – curious
    Jun 23 at 18:16
  • UX has a javascript tag...this is a bit of a long shot but I will migrate you there and hope for the best!
    – curious
    Jun 23 at 18:21


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy