Is there a proper name of the function "+1 more/other". It‘s some kind of truncation, but maybe it has a specific name? example

1 Answer 1


I don’t believe there is a more specific term for “+X more”. I think you’ve got it with calling it “truncation”. In practice I’ve usually heard it be called just a “more button”, as in “show 5 items and hide the rest behind a more button”.

I do think there is a name for the special case of “+1 more”. It’s called “being useless”. Instead of adding a “+1 more” button, show the item itself, there’s room for it if the button is not shown. (This can even apply to +2 or +3 sometimes)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.