Are there examples of personas that are designed specifically to cater for users whose traits and behaviours are expected to evolve over time as opposed to being static?
One scenario that I can think of would be if a series of personas are created and grouped by the length of time that they have used the software or worked at an organisation. In this case, I would expect that over time these personas will either:
- Stay the same because behaviour is primarily dictated by the length of time OR
- Evolve because the traits and behaviour change over time and are dependent on other factors that are less sensitive to the length of time
For example, given three personas:
- Persona A who is new to the company
- Persona B who has worked for 3 years
- Persona C who has worked for 10 years
Let's say that the company is now looking at future state for their products and services, you might assume that all three personas are valid because the change in time of how long they have worked in the organisation doesn't really change their behaviour in significant ways, or that you might potentially have persona A1, B1 and C1 that are variations to the original persona that have changed over time, plus the original personas that are still valid.
Has anyone seen examples of personas developed that cater for this change over time as opposed to the more conventional personas that are static or a point-in-time snapshot?