- On my webapp, I have normal users who signup with email/password combination
- I also offer signup via Facebook, Google, Twitter...
- Let's say you are a social login user who logged in via Facebook on my webapp using [email protected] as the email (from facebook)
- Now you come to my login page and go to Forgot password
- You type [email protected] in this box
- What should happen?
- It gives you an error saying you logged in via Facebook
- It does a backend check to see if you ever used a password on the webapp before, if yes it takes you to the next step, if no it gives you an error
- It will take you to the next step anyways. Behind the scenes it will create a password based account for you separate from your social account so that you can login via Facebook or email/password combination