Users can build charts in our app, and there's a problem: the points can overlap and sometimes they hide each other. I'd like to find a way to:
- At least make sure user understands there is more than 1 point there
- Select points underneath
So far I came up with such solutions, but I try to gather as many ideas as possible before we settle on one:
- Introduce shadows to all points. 2 points in the same spot will make the shadow darker. Still no way to select 2nd point. But this option doesn't require any user input which is great.
- Let user introduce some random noise to the data. Which will make the points spread in different directions.
- Let user "rotate" the points as if we could look at the at an angle.
- Introduce more shapes to the points. So that a square is visible under a circle (or vice versa). But this one has many downsides and won't always work.
- Make points a bit transparent - this one also has lot's of problems.
Any other ideas?