I am designing a page for apps. This page will show apps available for integration.
- Should I make them all text only buttons or it's fine that some buttons are icon+text?
- All apps are with 'Connect' button
- Else, if app is not available for integration due to multiple factors, apps cannot hide but have 'Learn More' button instead. (This is a fix business decision)
- When an app is connected, the button options are updated to 'Disconnect', 'Settings' and 'Sync'
- In the future, there might be other button options such as 'Register', 'Authentication'. These options will depend on the type of apps integrated.
- Some buttons are text only ('Connect', 'Learn More') while some are icon+text ('Settings', 'Sync'). Is consistency is a must in this case?
- Consistency for button can only be achieved if all buttons are text only
- However, having common icon (such as 'Settings', 'Sync') in several buttons help user identify button faster especially when some apps have 3-5 buttons
- I'm not keen on adding icon for all buttons due to ambiguity in meaning especially for 'Learn More', 'Connect', 'Register'
Thank you in advance, guys!