We have a modal that is used for an action to Add an item and Edit an existing item. It also has a button to delete the item all together.
I am trying to determine the best way to handle the button and navigation between the tabs. Right now it is set up as:
- You can click between the tabs to change the view
- You can click on the x to close the modal
- When editing (not adding) "delete" shows up on all the tabs
- For the other buttons we change them depending on which tab you are on:
- Tab 1: Delete, Cancel, Next
- Tab 2: Delete, Back, Next
- Tab 3: Delete, Back, Save
Some specific questions I am struggling with:
- Is this the proper UX to handle this?
- Should "delete" be on only the first only or last tab only or is it ok to have it on all tabs?
- Should we allow navigation via the tabs too or just buttons?
- Should the buttons change between tabs?
- Should we save between tabs or wait until the end?
Any feedback would be very appreciated. Thanks!