I'm designing a system where the user should be able to display data on a chart based on different filters and measures.
They can filter by a country or multiple ones, by product/s and variant/s. They can also select what measures they want to display for those filter, up to 4 at the moment. (number of sales, income, number of refunds...)
Optionally, they can save those filters into a single name, so that they can re-use them in the future and apply them much more quickly.
In my current design, I see a few flaws:
- Many dropdown elements on the screen make it look ugly and perhaps confusing.
- "Save filter as" button can be confusing as it is not clear what filters it refers to, as they are in multiple lines. (it saves all)
- I don't think separating them in multiple lines helps much?
And this is what I had before the re-design:
I redesigned it so I could:
- Limit the number of measures to a maximum of 4.
- Allow them to add many more measures (as the number will keep on growing)
What would be your take on this? Any ideas or suggestions that can help me improve this design and make it easier to digest while maintaining functionality ?