I am in the process of research planning for a community website for my local town - called MediumTown.
The website will feature the following main sections (the software I am using already comes with these):
Business directory which will be for local businesses and services Events in my local town Jobs in my local town News about my local town.
I am currently taking a UX course so fairly new to UX, but I underrated I need to put together a screener survey before interviewing people to find out more about what they will find useful etc.
I will be targeting two main groups - town residents and local businesses.
At the moment I am working on the screener for the residents and have put the following questions together to recruit suitable candidates for further research:
- Where do you currently live? (to confirm they are from my local town)
- Are you currently employed?
- What is your occupation and job title?
- How do you usually access information online?
- How often do you use the internet to access information online? (Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly)
- Apart from reading emails, what are typical activities you do online?
- Tell us about the last time you used the internet to find out something relating to MediumTown?
- Describe what you use your mobile phone for (excluding phone calls and text) when out and about.
- Describe your typical day in MediumTown.
- How often do you look online for information about a shop, business or service online in MediumTown? (daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly)
- Describe how you find out information about a shop, business or service in MediumTown
- How often do you look for information about groups, courses, classes or events online in MediumTown? (daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly)
- Describe how you find our information about events happening in MediumTown.
- Describe how you look and apply for new job opportunities.
Can anyone tell me if these are suitable questions? Would you put some of them in the main interview questions?
My research aim is to find out what people will use the most in a website dedicated to the local community.
Any advice would be great, thanks!