What is the keyword for this effect: an animated person walks out from the bottom right corner of a website? Better yet, any link to any provider that still exists today?

Anybody know this may feel old :). It was very common in early 2,000s. There was even ready-made javascript I just needed to embed, similar to chatbot nowadays.


1 Answer 1


"3D Talking Avatar" seems to be the closest phrase that matches what I think you're looking for.

From a UX perspective, they probably went out of style for a reason; avatars give the appearance of being conversational, but they're one-sided. Chat boxes let the user drive the conversation. And it's become a lot easier to incorporate video.

  • That and the animated paper paperclip...
    – PhillipW
    Sep 27, 2020 at 16:58
  • Good old Clippy...
    – Izquierdo
    Sep 27, 2020 at 19:50

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.