- I have an issue with a form, let's call it the parent form.
- Inside the parent form, you can 'Add Item'.
- Once you click the 'Add Item' button, it will navigate you to a new screen where you can fill in the information about the item.
- When all info about the item is filled, you can click 'Add' so it will add the info to parent form.
- You can add many items.
In web, we usually have the 'Add another' checkbox at the bottom of 'Add Item' page, so there will be a new empty form for you to fill for another item once the previous one is saved.
My issue is, this function is needed in mobile and I am not sure the checkbox is appropriate. The current solution we have is two buttons, 'Add & Back' and 'Add & Next'.
- Add & Back: Add this item and navigate me back to parent form
- Add & Next: Add this item and add a new item
My concern is that 'Next' does not clearly portray a new 'Add Item' form will show up after you add this current item.
And the 'Add & Back' does not make sense because when you add the item you are automatically redirected to parent form.
I tried to propose the 'Save' and 'Save & Add New' but it was rejected due to the word 'save' since it does not save the data but just adding the information back to the parent form.
Kindly advise :) and thank you for taking the time to read this.